S’mores Fudge – No Campfire Required!
Do you love the yumminess of s’mores but are currently under a camp fire ban? You should try S’mores Fudge!
S’mores fudge is really easy to make. And you’ll have people raving over how good it is. I first brought this recipe out for this year’s Thanksgiving Dinner tailgate. A full plate of s’mores fudge disappeared before I even got to the dessert table! Good thing I had a few bites before dinner while I was doing the final preparations. Otherwise I would have missed how awesome s’mores fudge is.
With the small baking pan (only 8 inches square), you should have no problem making this in your RV oven or convection oven. You’ll only have to bake the graham cracker crust. The rest is on the stove top – an induction stove top works well too. You’ll need medium to low heat, just enough to melt the chocolate chips. You can also use a microwave if you prefer. Just cook in 20 second increments, stirring between each increment until the ingredients for each layer are smooth.
Hints for Making S’mores Fudge
A few tips on the s’mores fudge:
- Make each layer on its own. Wait until you pull the graham cracker crust out before you start on the chocolate fudge layer. It does not take much time to prepare and you’ll risk burning the chocolate or letting it firm up too much if you start that layer before you finish baking the graham cracker crust. Take your time and don’t rush it.
- Clean up immediately. I am as bad as the rest of us about just letting dishes pile up in the sink while I am cooking. Don’t do that with fudge. It’ll be hard to get your pans clean.
- Use aluminum foil in the baking pan. Make sure it comes up to the top of the pan after you have pressed it down into the corners. You’ll need to be able to pull the fudge out before you cut it. Otherwise, you’ll never be able to scrape it off the bottom of the pan and you’ll lose half the fudge. Also makes cleaning the baking pan real simple.
Now for the recipe you’ve been waiting for…
Graham Cracker Crust
- 4 sheets Graham Crackers
- 1/4 c Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Butter, melted
Chocolate Fudge Layer
- 1 1/2 c Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
Marshmallow Fudge Layer
- 1 c White Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 c Marshmallow Fluff
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a square 8 inch pan with aluminum foil (include sides)
- Crush graham crackers in a small bowl. Mix in sugar. Add melted butter.
- Spread graham cracker mixture in baking pan. Use the bottom of a spoon to evenly spread and pack down graham cracker crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Melt the semisweet chocolates chips in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Add first half can of sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Pour over graham cracker crust. Spread evenly.
- In a clean small sauce pan, melt white chocolate chips over medium heat. Add in the second half can of sweetened condensed milk and marshmallow fluff. Stir until smooth. Pour over graham cracker crust and chocolate fudge layer. Spread evenly.
- Refrigerate overnight or until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, pull fudge out of pan and place on cutting board. Cut into bite size squares (trust me, you don't need large chunks of this). Dip the top of the fudge into the graham cracker crust crumbles that fall off during cutting process.
What’s your favorite take on s’mores? Comment below.
Like this recipe? Pin for later!