Recommended Tools and Resources for You
Hello RV Tailgaters! Below is a collection of tools and resources that I have found particularly useful in my time as an RV owner.
Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links for various products below. You get the same low prices and we earn a small commission.
Recommended Shopping Sites
- Amazon It’s no surprise, but Amazon is going to be at the top of every resource list. With Prime and free two day shipping, it is really a no brainer! Giant selection of products for inside and outside the RV.
Get ready for Amazon Prime Day 2022 with these tips!
- TechnoRV Want to buy RV products directly from RVers? Then TechnoRV is your place for awesome products with awesome customer support. And just good people too.
- Chewy One of my favorite shops for pet supplies is Chewy. I absolutely love their customer service.
- Snake River Farms Looking for awesome steaks for your tailgate meal? Then Snake River Farms is your go-to distributor of the finest American Wagyu beef, Kurobuta Pork and Northwest source-certified beef.
- Fanatics Looking for officially licensed NCAA, NFL, MLB, NHL, and NASCAR gear for your next tailgate? Fanatics.com is the place to go shop!
- Cheap Tickets Looking for last minute tickets to a football game or NASCAR race? Then check-out CheapTickets to find tickets that are well, cheap. Or at least not as expensive.
- Home Depot Looking to renovate your RV? Or need to add to your RV tool box? Then Home Depot is the place to go!
Home Depot is also the official seller for Ryobi power tools, which I highly recommend for RV life!
- Etsy Need a unique gift or something custom made for the RV or tailgate? Then Etsy is your place! It’s where my favorite custom tailgate signs come from!
- Cabela’s Looking for a company that sells outdoor gear perfect for RV tailgating and let’s you park your RV overnight in their parking lots? Then Cabela’s is your place!
- Macy’s Macy’s is a great store to shop at – partly because they are all over the US and have a good variety of clothes, makeup and what not. Shop online and return in store if it doesn’t work for you. They are my go to for fashion shopping outside of Amazon.
- Camping World Camping World is a store dedicated to the RV lifestyle and has hundreds of products just for RVers. Shop sales for the best prices.
- Good Sams Get discounts at many RV campgrounds with a Good Sams membership.
Recommended Tailgating Things
- ESPN+ Looking to cut the cable but still want to watch live sports? Then sign up for ESPN+ to get all the great programming you are used to from ESPN, plus original programming just for online customers.
Recommended Travel Resources
- RVShareDon’t have an RV yet? Then look to RVShare to rent an RV for your next tailgate road trip! Great prices, awesome selection, and convenient locations to find your next RV!
- Outdoorsy Another great RV rental company is Outdoorsy RV Rentals. Check out the selection to see what works best for you!
- Lyft Lyft has become my preferred go to app-based car service. Awesome service and better rates (in my experience) than the other popular service. All without the political/business shenanigans. Get a $5 credit when you use promo code “RVTAILGATE” to signup
- Hotels.comSometimes you need to ditch the RV and stay in a hotel. That’s when I highly recommend that you use Hotels.com to find a great value for a hotel stay during your travels.
- Restaurants.comOn travel days, it helps to know you can get a good meal. Check out Restaurant.com for meal options. Also, tell friends and family to get gift certificates for you! I also love that their $25 Restaurant Certificates start at only $10 and additional denominations are available for purchase.
Recommended RV Tools
- Garmin RV GPS Very rarely do I recommend specific products, but you will want an RV GPS system that will route you the best way through cities and avoid overpasses that you are too tall for. Get a Garmin RV 780 with Traffic Monitoring for your travels! You can input the specifics on your RV (height, weight, length) to avoid hazards or impassable locations.
- Google Maps One of my favorite phone apps is Google Maps (Google Play Store) and it’s free! It does use cellphone data but it is also always up-to-date and has current traffic information. Invaluable when you are driving around the country – or even in many international spots too. But it doesn’t have all the RV-specific restrictions like the Garmin GPS (weight, height, length).
- Lasko Ceramic Heater You’ll want a ceramic heater to keep warm while camping. Also useful if you have power during winter storage to keep the pipes from freezing.
- Ryobi Power Tools The battery operated Ryobi Power Tools are the best tools for an RVer! I love that the same batteries fit all the One+ tools! Buy them at Home Depot to ensure that they are authentic and covered by warranty.