Recommended Tools and Resources for You
Hello RV Tailgaters! Below is a collection of tools and resources that I have found particularly useful in my time as an RV owner.
Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links for various products below. You get the same low prices and we earn a small commission to help us buy more RV tailgating gadgets. Or game tickets if you go on a shopping spree.
Recommended Shopping Sites
- Amazon It’s no surprise, but Amazon is going to be at the top of every resource list. With Prime and free two day shipping, it is really a no brainer! Giant selection of products for inside and outside the RV.
Get ready for Amazon Prime Day 2019 with these tips!
- TechnoRV Want to buy RV products directly from RVers? Then TechnoRV is your place for awesome products with awesome customer support. And just good people too.
- Snake River Farms Looking for awesome steaks for your tailgate meal? Then Snake River Farms is your go-to distributor of the finest American Wagyu beef, Kurobuta Pork and Northwest source-certified beef.
- Fanatics Looking for officially licensed NCAA, NFL, MLB, NHL, and NASCAR gear for your next tailgate? Fanatics.com is the place to go shop!
- Cheap Tickets Looking for last minute tickets to a football game or NASCAR race? Then check-out CheapTickets to find tickets that are well, cheap. Or at least not as expensive.
- Etsy Need a unique gift or something custom made for the RV or tailgate? Then Etsy is your place! It’s where my favorite custom tailgate signs come from!
- Walmart I usually avoided Walmart before becoming an RVer, but they have a lot of RV basics that most stores don’t have (when you just can’t wait for Amazon to deliver). Plus they let us park in their lots overnight for free.
- Macy’s Macy’s is a great store to shop at – partly because they are all over the US and have a good variety of clothes, makeup and what not. Shop online, return in store if it doesn’t work for you. They are my go to for fashion shopping outside of Amazon.
- Camping World Camping World is a store dedicated to the RV lifestyle and has hundreds of products just for RVers. Shop sales for the best prices.
Recommended Travel Resources
- RVShareDon’t have an RV yet? Then look to RVShare to rent an RV for your next tailgate road trip! Great prices, awesome selection, and convenient locations to find your next RV!
- Outdoorsy Another great RV rental company is Outdoorsy RV Rentals. Check out the selection to see what works best for you!
- Lyft Lyft has become my preferred go to app-based car service. Awesome service and better rates (in my experience) than the other popular service. All without the political/business shenanigans. Get a $5 credit when you use promo code “RVTAILGATE” to signup
Recommended RV Tools
- Garmin RV GPS Very rarely do I recommend specific products, but you will want an RV GPS system that will route you the best way through cities and avoid overpasses that you are too tall for. Get a Garmin RV 780 with Traffic Monitoring for your travels! You can input the specifics on your RV (height, weight, length) to avoid hazards or impassable locations.
- Google Maps One of my favorite phone apps is Google Maps (Google Play Store) and it’s free! It does use cellphone data but it is also always up-to-date and has current traffic information. Invaluable when you are driving around the country – or even in many international spots too. But it doesn’t have all the RV-specific restrictions like the Garmin GPS (weight, height, length).
- Lasko Ceramic Heater You’ll want a ceramic heater to keep warm while camping. Also useful if you have power during winter storage to keep the pipes from freezing.
- Ryobi Powertools The battery operated Ryobi Powertools are the best tools for an RVer! I love that the same batteries fit all the One+ tools! Buy them at Home Depot to ensure that they are authentic and covered by warranty.