The Most Decadent Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
Do you want to try the most decadent peanut butter chocolate cookies ever? Then this is the recipe for you!
Every chocolate lover will love these cookies. The peanut butter chocolate cookies are great on their own. But these cookies have a peanut butter filling that makes for a nice surprise and kicks up the overall decadent-ness level to 11.
In fact, I highly recommend that you have a big glass of cold milk to help these go down. They are that decadent! And so delicious.
If you are going to make the dough ahead of time, then I recommend adding a tablespoon of milk to the dough. If it sits around, it will dry out and that will not be good.
The Perfect Combination
Ever get the idea that maybe, just maybe I love the peanut butter chocolate combination?
First, there were the no bake Peanut Butter Brownie Balls. Then there was the Reese’s Peanut Butter Brownies which are absolutely perfect for a make ahead tailgating dessert.
Chocolate and peanut butter just go together like… peanut butter and chocolate!
Decadent Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cookies
The most decadent peanut butter chocolate cookies that are great to make ahead.
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 1/2 c Brown Sugar
- 1/4 c Peanut Butter, Smooth
- 8 tbsp. Butter, Unsalted, Softened
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg, Large
- 1 1/2 c Flour, All Purpose
- 1/2 c Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
Peanut Butter Filling
- 3/4 c Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 c Peanut Butter, Smooth
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease two baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, brown sugar, butter, and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg and combine.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Stir until combined.
- Make the filling in a small bowl, by adding peanut butter and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Roll cookie dough into one inch balls. Push your finger into the ball to make a place for the filling. Pinch a small amount of filling, place in middle of cookie ball. Close cookie ball around peanut butter filling, using extra cookie dough if necessary.
- Place filled cookie balls on greased baking sheets about two inches apart from each other. Use the bottom of a drinking glass to flatten each cookie until about 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle sugar on top of cookies.
- Bake cookies for 7 to 9 minutes. Remove from oven and baking sheet. Let cool.
- Enjoy with a large glass of milk!
Let me know how the cookie recipe works for you! Comment below.
Like this recipe? Pin for later!