Pumpkin Swirl Brownies Perfect Fall Tailgating Dessert
It’s October, so of course that means everything pumpkin. Including these pumpkin swirl brownies, perfect for fall tailgating.
The pumpkin flavor is not overwhelming. And it’s balanced out nicely with the chocolate. So even if you aren’t a big fan of pumpkin, like one family that shall remain nameless in our tailgate, you can still enjoy these brownies. These brownies are also so moist (haha Amanda, I managed to get moist into yet another post, just for you!) that you’ll probably want a glass of milk to wash them down.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for various products below. You get the same low prices and we earn a small commission to help us buy more RV tailgating gadgets. Or game tickets if you go on a shopping spree.
The Pumpkin Spice Sangria works well to wash the pumpkin swirl brownies down as well. It’s an awesome fall tailgating drink.
Tips for Making Pumpkin Swirl Brownies
First, I like to use parchment paper in my baking. It makes cleanup so much easier.
It also makes getting the brownies (or cakes) out of the pan in one piece actually possible. It’s really a helpful trick when you have limited time (when preparing to go to the tailgate) or space (when cooking in the RV kitchen).
If you don’t have any parchment paper around the kitchen, don’t worry, you can still make these brownies. You’ll just want to grease down your pan really well.
Second, take your time making the swirl. You don’t want to go too deep into the bottom layer brownie mix if you want the brownies to look good. But don’t worry about making them look perfect. The beauty is actually in the mess. And no matter, it’ll still taste good. But keeping that bottom layer distinct as chocolate makes it taste so yummy.
Without further ado…
- 3/4 c Butter, Melted
- 3/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 c Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 3/4 c Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 c Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 c Flour, Sifted
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 3 Eggs, Room Temp
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 1 c Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg, Grounded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix melted butter, brown sugar, sugar, and vanilla until well mixed.
- With mixer going, slowly add one egg at a time to mix. Add baking powder and salt.
- Add flour and mix until well combined.
- Pour about 1/3 of the mix into a separate bowl. Add cocoa and half the chocolate chips. Put aside for the moment.
- In remaining 2/3 of mix, add cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin pie filling. Mix until well combined.
- Take some of the pumpkin pie batter and add to the 1/3 - cocoa mix you put aside earlier until both portions are about even. Make sure to mix this pumpkin and cocoa batters well.
- Place half the chocolate batter into your parchment paper-lined baking pan to form the base layer. On top of this, place large heaping spoonfuls of the pumpkin batter. Fill in space with remaining chocolate batter.
- Using a spatula or spoon, gently and carefully swirl the top layer together.
- Spread remaining chocolate chips out across the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes (350 degrees).
- Remove from oven and let cool fully in pan before removing and cutting into one inch squares.
You’ll enjoy the Pumpkin Swirl Brownies. They are easy to make but look cool and different every time you make them.
Like this recipe? Pin for later!
Follow us on Pinterest for more tailgate recipes!