Bacon Crack Snacks Go Fast During Tailgates
When your recipe starts with one pound of bacon, how can you go wrong?
Now let’s make it candy and bam! you have Bacon Crack.
Now, RV tailgating snacks need to be easy.
We prefer things that we can fix ahead of time so that we can enjoy all of our tailgating time. Because wouldn’t you rather be out enjoying your family, friends, and football than in the RV kitchen making your food?
Bacon Crack Snacks are a perfect make ahead snack. Make this on Friday morning before you head out in the RV and snack on it Friday night and Saturday.
If they make it that long.
How long do you expect one pound of bacon, mixed with the saltiness of the crackers and the smooth taste of caramel to last? Seriously, this stuff is good and it fits our criteria for easy to make!
This recipe debuted at the tailgating as part of our Homecoming Tailgate.
It was a perfect snack to hold us over until dinner of fried chicken sliders.
- 1 lb Bacon
- 1 1/4 c Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/4 c Butter, Unsalted
- 1 1/2 sleeves Saltine Crackers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop bacon in small "fun size" pieces. Cook until crispy. Drain and pat dry to remove as much grease as possible.
- Line a baking sheet (with sides) with parchment paper or foil. Make sure it covers the sides.
- Layer baking sheet with Saltine Crackers.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and mix brown sugar until boiling. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Pour butter/sugar mix over crackers. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove crackers from oven and spread bacon evenly over crackers.
- Let cool completely. Break into cracker size pieces.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for various products below. You get the same low prices and we earn a small commission.
Try These Snacks at Your Next Tailgate!
Have you tried these Bacon Crack Snacks? Let us know what you think!
Like this recipe? Pin for later!