Recommended Tools and Resources for You
Hello RV Tailgaters! Below is a collection of tools and resources that I have found particularly useful in my time as an RV owner.
Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links for various products below. You get the same low prices and we earn a small commission to help us buy more RV tailgating gadgets. Or game tickets if you go on a shopping spree. Please go on a shopping spree!
Recommended Shopping Sites
- Amazon It’s no surprise, but Amazon is going to be at the top of every resource list. With Prime and free two day shipping, it is really a no brainer! Giant selection of products for inside and outside the RV.
- Etsy Need a unique gift or something custom made for the RV or tailgate? Then Etsy is your place! It’s where my favorite custom tailgate signs come from!
- Walmart I usually avoided Walmart before becoming an RVer, but they have a lot of RV basics that most stores don’t have (when you just can’t wait for Amazon to deliver). Plus they let us park in their lots overnight for free.
- Macy’s Macy’s is a great store to shop at – partly because they are all over the US and have a good variety of clothes, makeup and what not. Shop online, return in store if it doesn’t work for you. They are my go to for fashion shopping outside of Amazon.
Recommended Travel Resources
- Lyft Lyft has become my preferred go to app-based car service. Awesome service and better rates (in my experience) than the other popular service. All without the political/business shenanigans. Get a $5 credit when you use promo code “RVTAILGATE” to signup
- Google Maps One of my favorite phone apps is Google Maps (Google Play Store) and it’s free! It does use cellphone data but it is also always up-to-date and has current traffic information. Invaluable when you are driving around the country – or even in many international spots too.
Recommended RV Tools
- Lasko Ceramic Heater You’ll want a ceramic heater to keep warm while camping. Also useful if you have power during winter storage to keep the pipes from freezing.
- Ryobi Powertools The battery operated Ryobi Powertools are the best tools for an RVer! I love that the same batteries fit all the One+ tools! Buy them at Home Depot to ensure that they are authentic and covered by warranty.